ஸ்ரீ வரதராஜ செல்வவிநாயகர் ஆலய வரலாறு
In Den Helder staat de oudste Ganesha tempel van Nederland. Als een gemeenschap zijn we deze tempel begonnen in 1991. Deze tempel is door een groep Sri Lankaanse Tamil mensen samen opgericht om het Hindoe geloof en levensovertuiging te kunnen belijden en beleven.
Welcome to Sri Varatharajah Selvavinayagar Temple, a volunteer-driven, community-supported, non-profit organization. Sri Varatharajah Selvavinayagar Temple promotes and practices the ideals of Hindu religion through worship and education. The Temple strives for spiritual richness and human excellence through assimilation of the values emphasized in Hindu scriptures and applying them in our daily lives, while recognizing and respecting other religions and belief systems in their due context.
Sri Varatharajah Selvavinayagar Temple offers many worship services to the deities of the temple in multiple Hindu traditions conducted by our qualified priests. It highly encourages family and community participation from the Netherland metropolitan area and vicinity through various religious, social, cultural, and educational activities.
The Vision of Den Helder Hindu Temple
- Is to enhance the religious experience for all in our diverse congregational community. The temple will strive to conduct religious, spiritual, educational, social and cultural activities for the benefit of the Hindu community and the wider interested audience.
- Temple will try and undertake planned expansion of programs, membership, activities and facilities in a carefully prepared implementation plan that will strictly adhere to the mission statement of the Temple.
- Temple will seek constantly ways and means to preserve and embellish Hindu traditions & cultural heritage.
The Mission of Den Helder Hindu Temple
- Is to be a focal point for Hindu worship, prayer, education, community and family life within the precepts of Hinduism and in the traditional role of a Hindu Temple and with God’s blessings to realize our dream of a beautiful Hindu Temple in Den Helder .
- The purpose of the Temple would be a House of Worship and a House of Learning to promote and practice ideals of Hinduism and Hindu religion through worship, education and teaching. For this purpose, construct expand and operate a Hindu temple in Den Helder, Netherlands.
- To constantly strive for spiritual richness and human excellence through assimilation of values in Hindu scriptures into daily lives.
- To recognize and respect other religions and belief systems in their proper context.
- To establish and Maintain a Community centre for the purpose of Conducting Hindu religious, cultural, social and educational community activities.
- Through this focus, it is our mission to be mindful of our Hindu heritage, develop a congregational sense of responsibility to the extended community we serve and create an atmosphere of extended family for all our members.